I learned how to retighten my hair from the Greatest Gigi a few weeks ago. Gigi is an awesome instructor and extremely patient and was very thorough in her instruction of how to retighten my hair. She left me with the "homework" of retightenting 7 locks and that my fam is where the FRUSTRATION began!
I have married locs, destroyed parts and I even had to resort to using the scissors to cut away pieces of hair that were pulled hair from other locs. I don't have anything good to say about the tools that are used LOL...other then, the hook tool would be the tool of choice out of desperation! I have since order the nappy locks tool and although I don't know if that will lessen my frustration, I felt it was worth the try as, LaChanda and Leighann have both had success with that tool, so I will update you all soon after I receive the tool and use it.
Overall, Aggggrrrrhhh, I am not happy at all doing this on my own. I feel it's a necessary to know how, so I would still recommend learning how to retighten your own hair, but for now, I will leave the retightenting to Gigi! I had some misc pics, but my mood is such, I don't feel like sharing...LOL....sorry!
My Blog List
Monday, May 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey chica! Even after you get the Nappyloc tool you will still have a bit of frustration, but practice makes perfect. I am doing mine with that tool and it is getting easier for me. Hang tight and keep pushing...if nothing else you will be glad to be able to retightend the front edges.
I feel ya my friend Detra. I still have mixed feelings about doing my own hair. The nappy lock tool will make it much much easier. I still can't prevent marrying locs when I do may hair. I do take my time and all of the precautions but I guess they are made for each other and they just want to join as one. I usually manage to take them apart before any further damage is done. The biggest thing is it takes a few days to do it. I am the type of person when I start something I want to finish it. If I did it all in one day, it would take 6 hours and I don't have the time. Having said this, I have decided to keep doing my own hair. I will go to Gigi about 3 times a year when I get my color done.
Check this posting out. http://sister-in-locks.blogspot.com/2006/04/locks-of-love-please-dont-try-this-at.html
Keep the faith.
Hi Detra,
We've been playing phone tag and yes the preparations for the NY trip has been consuming. I'll try you again tomorrow...Sunday.
Jen, Felicia and I will all be heading to see Gigi on the 18th of next month!!!
Post a Comment