
This day could not have come any sooner! Today was my 1st retightening, and boy I am so very happy its over! My consultant said I had the worst case of slippage she has ever seen in the 13 years she has been doing Sisterlocks, SEE YALL(omg I'm getting Texas on you all) I told you my stuff was a MESS!
The entire crown of my head was retightened very tightly I might add not so much that is uncomfortable but unlike the install I can feel the tighteness of the locks.
Can my niece add? I had her section in sets of 25 and she came up with 341 WHICH means, I have lost 5 of my babies, I now have
341!!!!! I want to sincerely thank all of you for listening and responding to my vent sessions, without your understanding and encouragement, I am certain I would have been much more disappointed about my slippage.
5 comments:
Wow! Your locks are growing fast.
I can relate to your slippage issue. My hair at the crown slipped all throughout the first 14 months. I was not a happy camper. My consultant would reinstall and reinstall. As the days worn on between retightening, I would put my kufa (sp) skull cap on and endure the poof up front. I'd even resort to two strand twisting the front, but my consultant would always take them down and reinstall. What a pain.
Be patient and endure is all I can say. Keep your hands out of and away from the crown as well. Looking good so far, Detra.
Be blessed!
See......you are not alone in this journey, Jen had the same problem and that should give you some hope. Her's are now banging!
I must addd, it really does look so much better. Another point, try not to wait too long between retightening in the early stages.
Peace & Blessings,
LaChanda
Jen ain't lying. She did have major slippage. It seemed like right after her retightening, a week would go by and there she blows---slippage! I would suggest banding the front "slippage" areas at night before bed. Just a suggestion. Hang in there D!
I can only imagine your frustration girl. I do hope that the time between this retightigtening will be less stressful. Please keep us posted!
Tra
Now see Maryee, thats what I am talking about! What a simple but very smart idea to a major problem. I am going to B&B 4bed and dedicate a post about it to you! Thanks for the advice!
Post a Comment