
What a *^ MESS...I was going to title this post AAGGRRRHH but I already used that titled before LMAO! MY HAIR IS A DISASTER, here lately! I have the most embarrassing story to tell. I have been on vacation from work for over 2 1/2 weeks. So on my first day back, I was running late, had just washed my hair and it was looking "good". I was amazed at the responses from several people that it had grown a lot and was cute.

So anyway, hair still damp, but looking good right? WRONG....OMG why did about a few hours later, everyone starting looking at me sideways? Well, I too didn't know until I took a trip to the bathroom and FOUND A BIG AZZ AFRO sitting on top of my head!

MY slippage and new growth is so bad that after my hair had dried it wouldn't lay down! Now, I don't wanna bash, but I BEGGED my consultant to get me in 2 weeks ago, but she was insisted (not seeing it personally) that all was well and I could hold out.
Now, come on ladies and gentz, I REALLY aint that vain, that I can't take a little "bad hair dayz" but before the night was over, I had the same co-workers that complimented me on the way in, say... "what is it again your doing with your hair?" "When will it be finished"? I was so embarrassed and can't wait till tomorrow (01/06) to get to my retightening appt.

I am somewhat afraid that I will be sitting for the same timeframe it took to get have my SL's installed, to have this MESS fixed!
13 comments:
I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully, it will not take a long time.
I know how you feel. You know my story and I had the poodle afro syndrome that I walked around with for a whole month. It does get better. She will resolve the slippage. Regarding the time it will take. Let's just pray if won't take long.
If it does, just pray that then it will be behind you.
Detra you are really going to have to learn to tell your stories w/o so much humor in them. I am sitting here feeling your pain but laughing by behind off just the same.
For real though (you know we love to say that), I think that as soon as the consultant's see's your hair she will change the time frame that you are supposed to wait in betweene retightenings. It will be fine.
Tell those co-worker to HUSH IT!
Tra
I'm with TRA, I had to chill before commenting. You are a hoot!!!
So, I believe your/our consultant will be very understanding and take care of that slippage without the extra added cost involved.
Can we do lunch again soon, cause you make me hoop and holler!!!
Detra,
I've been there, I've been there!
Now that you have pics, I see that doesn't look as messy as you made it out to be. But I have been known to throw hair tantrums now and then, and you're entitled! Go ahead and rant!
XOXO
You're consultant will hook you up girl. This is more work for her so I'm sure she will not let you go so long next time.
I woudn't stress to much!
Be encouraged!
Bless
Let me say that I undestand where you're coming from.I just had my first retightening this week and let me tell you that I had a LOT of new growth and my hair is going through the fuzzy stage now. Anyways, your consultant will adjust the time between tightenings when she sees how much your hair has grown in this time. Your post was really funny though. :)
Hang in there D!!!!
too all that responded...that you so much for your encouragement,I had my retightening today and feel so much better!
How long had it been between retightenings that you had so much new growth?
Gurl, u had me rollin' with laughter. That post was too funny and I don't feel so badly writing this since you've already had your second retightening and the got da fresh hair style and all. We live and we learn! Still rollin......
Blaq
I'm a little late to the drama. I'm trying to catch up on all my blog reading. But I just had to you know that I too have been there.
It was early on and my consultant and I hadn't figured out the best retightening schedule for me yet. Well, we let go too long and between the slippage and the new growth... it took her two days to fix it all. It was a mess!
Lesson learned: I retighten my locks every four weeks; five if I'm living dangerously.
Glad all is well now.
Post a Comment