Now, honestly...no matter how busy I "say" my life is, I really want to find the time to pamper my locs, the most I have done for them in the last year is wash and tighten, no conditioning nothing. So, I come to you asking for forgiveness for being away for so long, and begging for compassion to lend a hand to a sistah and help me get back on track taking care of my locs.
To start, I had it tightened a few days ago and using information from BlaqKofi's blog, I bought some Lotta Body, braided it and rolled it with my spikes and this is how it turned out, I LOVE IT....BUT it is so hard and scratchy and dull looking HELP, I need conditioning advise, moisturizing advise, and possibility color advise, I have NEVER colored before I am only bringing that up, because they look so dull, if that is a matter of oiling it, let me know, I prefer not to color if I don't have to.
And of course, I can't leave you all without showing a picture of my lil princess!
14 comments:
I have only been sisterlocked for only 5 months. I am really thankful for bloggers such as yourself, however, give yourself a break!! Just reading your about your busy life made me tired!!!
It's wonderful that you and I belong to a community of sisters that you be sure to get you back on track. To me, someone with baby locks, your hair looks beautiful. So hang in there!
By the way, your princess is adorable!!!
cute baby, nice locks, I don't see anything wrong with them. I am not as busy as you are {no children}, but I understand that real-life comes first {at least it should} before blogging! I try to blog once a season {4 months a year} in order to get some stability with all my blogs/albums/facebook/forums
and all that jazz~
It is nice to see you.
Take Care~
Felicia, Thank you and Congrats on your Sisterlocks prepare for the exuberant journey you are headed towards. It will be naturally rewarding. Please start a blog so we can follow you.
Spiral, Thank you, hmmm seasonal blogging, now that is a thought....
Oh she is just too cute. What a beauty.
I agree, don't beat yourself up too much over the neglect. I understand and mine have suffered too. You'll whip them back to health in no time.
Lookin good gurl.
First off: Glad you updated!! Your daughter is adorable!!!
Secondly, isn't that the beauty of locks? You can put them on the back burner when life requires you to and still look fab?
Let's see... how to cure the crunchies? Have you don any ACV rinses lately? I just did one a fe weeks ago, and my hair was noticeably softer. Just pur some in a spray bottle, and if you don't like the scent (like me), spray it into your hair when you're in the shower and massage it as you would a shampoo. Then shampoo your hair with a moisturizing shampoo. Your hair will be so soft you won't even have to use conditioner.
If you like, you could use a leave in spray moisturizer. I've tried Dove, Nexxus, and Oyin's Greg Juice; they work really well and a little bit goes a long way.
I would refrain from the coloring for now... it will require a bit more maintenance because the color will be a bit drying to your hair.
Hope this helps!
Sunsail....Girl....shut your mouth! I did EXACTLY what you told me too and my hair FEELS LOVELY! So soft! I almost feel ashamed I have had locks so long and either forgot or never knew to use my ACV, I use it daily for my blood pressure. I also whipped up some raw shea butter and rubbed it through my locks and set under the dryer for a minute. But I notice the softness as soon as I rinsed out the ACV. Thank you so much for your caring and support!
Detra,
There is no way you can remember me, but 3 1/2 going on 4 years ago I moved to TX from NE and you were so helpful about your SL journey and encouraged me to get SL's. IF ONLY I HAD LISTENED TO YOU THEN. Nevertheless, I have been sisterlocked now since memorial day 09', so going on 3 months and it's the best decision I have EVER made regarding my hair. I'll never forget you, congrats on everything and (of course) your hair is GORGEOUS. WOW!
Lakisha, I don't remember right at this moment, but I am touched that I inspired you, and I am super excited to hear you have started your journey! Ummm where is your blog? I am anxious to see your baby locks. Please k.i.t. BTW are you still in TX?
Your hair looks lovely Detra. And your little angel is so cute.
When my locks feel dry, I use Infusium leave-in conditioner after I shampoo, and they feel much better afterward.
Occasionally after shampooing I will put a small amount of Jojoba oil in my hair while it is still damp, to seal in the moisture.
Thanks for the advice CarbiSun, I will try that real soon!
Hey Detra,
Thanks for the congrats. Your hair has grown so much and its just beautiful! It's not dull at all, don't you see the shine in your pics?
Good luck with the color, I was told that color weakens your hair because the dye is often left in too long. So if you dye it or go to someone to dye it, make sure your rinse again until your rinse water is clear.
Good luck,
Chi(:
Oh yes and your daughter is too cute!
Post a Comment