Escape & Travel's Fan Box

Escape & Travel on Facebook

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Natural but Pressed!

Here, I have included a picture of me during my natural journey, using the pressing comb. I'm a little embarrassed to admit now, but I use to press my hair just to "prove" to the naysayers that I had lengthy hair without the use of the creamy crack. All my life, my hair appeared to be shorter then everyone else's, and it gave me a complex. So when my first perm at age (15 yrs) left me with hair touching my neck, I was overjoyed and filled with confidence of "having" hair!

What was amazing to me, is during my chemical free days, I discovered that my hair texture was very curly and all along, I had hair, it was just drawn up in curls. So, as a shock factor, I would periodically press my hair, and be amused at how many people would accuse me of having a weave.

(that would have been a messed up weave too) LOL. I stopped using the pressing comb about 2 years ago, as I noticed whenever I would return to my natural, my ends were severely damaged from the heat.





No comments: