Escape & Travel's Fan Box

Escape & Travel on Facebook

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Uh Oh!





That is exactly how I have been feeling about my hair this past week! First issue is that I had my first "self wash" and I followed ALL my consultants instructions, rinsed at least 6 times to insure all the shampoo was out, and once my hair dried (air dried) it was hard, like it had setting lotion on it??! I received some suggestions to try Aveda's detoxifing shampoo, so off to the mall to try that!

My BIGGEST Uh Oh, is that I am noticing MAJOR slippage, there has to be at least 2-3 inches of loose hair from my roots to the start of my locks. But my consultant said it should be at least 4 weeks before I should have my first retightening, so I sit here and wonder....DID I DO SOMETHING WRONG? For the most part, I have been free styling, and even when I dont free style, its a matter of setting my hair on rollers for alittle body.

My niece who is very talent in braiding and hair styling has been on standby waiting patiently to get her hands in my hair, and I have been REAL good with slapping her hands back! LOL...well with the one exception of the pics below (she's too cute when she begs, I had to give in once.) But for the most part, I can't imagine why I have so much slippage, and I didn't notice it until after my "self wash" so what do I do?

And finally, I honestly...thought I was over the fact that I have only 349 locks, I actually had my niece redo the count and this time she came up with 346, even more depressing! I can honestly say, it probably wouldn't be such a big deal to me, if I wasnt able to tell the HUGE difference in the size of them from the ones in the back, which are much smaller and are much closer to each other...so what do I do?


I am feeling somewhat disappointed that I am having an "uncomfortable" stage so early on. I knew they "were" going to come about, but not so soon. So to the tune of Lyfe Jennings song"Greedy"
"Yall keep me in yall's prayers, cuz I dont know how this things gonna turn out"
LOL!

3 comments:

brunsli said...

Detra,

Hang in there -- and I don't think there's any particular number of locks you are supposed to have. I wish I had fewer -- my retightenings would be so much faster!

I think the slippage is because of your hair texture. I had it quite a bit, and now, going on two years, some have been combined and most are okay, but there is one naughty one that just doesn't want to lock. Each month when I get my hair done, she gets locked up again and then she spends the rest of the month unraveling.

Your hair really looks wonderful!

Maryee said...

Girllll, hang in there! I am sure I had all the trouble you had, but didn't know what to call it. My sweet consultant fixed a lot of stuff before I knew there was any big problem and it wasn't until I was locked about a year that I started finding problems on my own. Truth be told, you're gonna have to keep your hands out of your hair and give it a rest. I learned that the hard way. Wishing you all the best!!!
ps
Tell you neice I said Hi!!!!

Jena Evans said...

Hold onnnn. A change is comin'

Blessing!

je-