Escape & Travel's Fan Box

Escape & Travel on Facebook

Sunday, December 04, 2005

What a BLAST!

I have just returned from a BLAST of a time with the DFW Sisterlocked ladies! Blaqkofi thanks for hosting such a GREAT get together, and Happy Early Birthday to you!
Everyone was so warm and welcoming, not to mention...all out cuties! I arrived late (no surprise if you know me) so I missed all the introductions, however I did get a chance to meet everyone. I have to say...Maryee and Jen you both are SUCH SWEETHEARTS, and so naturally embracing. The first thing my niece said to me when we got in the car, is how nice the both of you were! She too has a sister that is 12 months older, but they are oil and water and I think the closeness between the two of you touch her emotionally. Thank you both! Not only are the both of you cute and welcoming, you both have such great explosive talent. Jen played the guitar while Maryee and others read poetry, LOVED IT! Blaqkofi's son, joined Jen on his electric keyboard, they both tore the house down, it was better then a being at a live concert!
I truly had a FUN meeting LaChanda...girl the both of us together? Forget it, we both aint got no sense! LOL...no but seriously, that connection I felt to you online was really enforced today. You are so much FUN! It was a pleasure meeting you and your lovely niece, tell her to keep that poetry talent going, she was so freakin DEEP! Oh, on the, so much Fun list...Tra...it was great to meet you, between you and LaChanda I couldn't stop laughing....and I just want you to know, I'm going get my head on that dayum silk pillow!
It was truly a blessing and a pleasure to meet everyone, and just because I mentioned a few names, in no way at all suggest that those were the only important people I met, I am bad with names, but have all of you in my mind and heart, and I look forward to seeing you all, over and over, until I know you all personally!

Blaqkofi...it was a wonderful time, keep working it girl you look fabulous!
All of my pics of ME turned out horrible, so I hope you all have some good ones. to post
.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Maryee said...

Detra,

You are one sweet lady with such a big heart. I am glad we were able to meet last night and look forward to us getting together in 06'. Thanks for your kind compliments to my sister Jen and me. I love your spirit and of course I love your locks! Keep it locked, and keep it real!!!

Maryee

Maryee's Place

BlaqKofi said...

Detra, you are such a beautiful spirit! I'm so glad that you and your niece were able to join us on Sunday. What a wonderful time and your locks are rockin'! Keep us posted!

BlaqKofi

Creyole said...

Detra,
I'm happy I could make you laugh! I always have so much fun...looking forward to February. You niece is so adorable!

Jena Evans said...

Detra,

Everytime I look for an update from you, I see that same post for Dec. 2006... Now for the first time I have scrolled down to see all this action. That is too sad!!!

Enjoyed catching up on the store of entries... God's riches blessings be upon you!

jen-