Escape & Travel's Fan Box

Escape & Travel on Facebook

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Three hundred and forty-nine!

3 4 9 Sisterlocks !!!!
that is how many baby Sisterlocks I am currently raising. Following Maryee's lead, I had my niece section them off in bunches of 25 and although it would have made for a great pic to show, I didn't have the desire to post. I don't know why, but initially I felt sad, as I "thought" I read somewhere that you should have anywhere from 400+ locks. I was feeling like I was short changed 51 locks, but then I came to the conclusion that, the beauty of Sisterlocks, is that they are unique to each head. I am having "minor" struggles with the fact, that as I catch glimpses of my hair in the mirror, I am reminded of my perm days. I do know that in time, they will look more like locks and not permed hair.

I am also experiencing this spiritual need to put other aspects of my life in the "natural" stage my hair is now evolving towards. Prior to my first pregnancy, I was vegan and a herbalist and I am craving that lifestyle again. At least to the point of regaining control over my weight, through exercise and change of diet. So, if any of you would like to share your ideas, suggestions or support on weight loss, please do!

Overall though, I am very very happy with my hair and the decision to Sisterlock.

1 comment:

Maryee said...

I'm probably down to around 400 locks because I had to combine some really thin ones from going too long between reightenings (a big no no!). So, don't fear, when and if you decide to retighten your hair on your own, you'll be happy you have less to deal with. :-) Your locks are beautiful and so are you!

Maryee